* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Write a post to show your blog award.
* Give a brief story about how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
* Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
Thank you to Life of an Angela for the nomination! Check out this Wellingtonian’s awesome blog that covers a variety of topics, from travel experiences, to the beauty of nature, to family life, to books and movies–among other interesting takes on issues. Her blog has definitely inspired me to step up my game! Here’s the link: https://lifeofanangela.wordpress.com
I started this blog a couple months ago after having traveled to 25 countries in under a year (with 23 in a span 9 months). So I was a little behind. Buuuut I run on my own time. 😉 I’m settling into life as a traveler/part-time worker in Wellington for a few months, with big goals to see more countries after exploring as much of NZ as I can. I blog because I love sharing experiences through writing, and because I hope to encourage more solo female travelers (and guys, too) to ditch their fears and hit the road! I also enjoy breaking down stereotypes regarding gender roles and “shoulds” in life. I’ve generally been posting twice a week: with one post on Kiwi life and a weekly TBT post about a past trip. I’m new to travel blogging, so your suggestions and comments are more than welcome!
2 suggestions for new bloggers:
1. Because I was an English major in college once upon a time: edit! Edit, edit, edit. 🙂 I catch so many typos of my own in final read-throughs, and I think it’s so important, even during times of lazy grammar on social media, to take proofreading seriously when it comes to blog posts–just as you would in a published article.
2. Read other blogs! It sounds obvious, but I’d been so caught up worrying about my own content and the ins and outs of social media that the importance of reading lots of blogs (more than I already did) didn’t dawn on me right away. Make friends with other bloggers; chances are, you’ll have a lot in common and can learn from one another!
I nominate (in no particular order):
1. ThePittStops: https://thepittstops.wordpress.com
2. EatSleepLoveTravel: https://eatsleeplovetravel.com
3. Gnome on the Globe: https://gnomeontheglobe.com
4. Vince Patrick Wanders: https://vincepatrickwanders.wordpress.com
5. Adventuress on the Run: https://adventuressontherun.wordpress.com
6. Iwannabealady: https://iwannabealady.wordpress.com
7. My world: https://shamimsobhani.wordpress.com
8. Evelina: https://evelinadilaurio.com
9. Mae Travels: https://moonswoon.wordpress.com
10. Travelnerdplans: https://travelnerdplans.wordpress.com
11. GABASPHERE: https://gabasphere.wordpress.com
12. For the Love of Wanderlust: https://fortheloveofwanderlust.com
13. TRAVELLING THE WORLD SOLO: https://travellingtheworldsolo.com
14. GoTravelGlobal: https://GoTravelGlobal.com
15. A lot of world to see: https://alotofworldtosee.com
The final part of this award is to comment on each of these blogs and let them know I’ve nominated them!
Thanks for reading, and thanks to the community of travel bloggers for doing what you do!